Natural Dye Care Guide
by KIND STUDIO·
You have just purchased a garment whose dye is 100% natural: it is the most ecological in terms of textile dyeing. It is an ancestral and artisanal know-how that we are proud to honor at KIND STUDIO.
Your clothing requires appropriate care, why?
Vegetable dyes are made from roots, bark, fruits, plants and minerals. They therefore react differently from dyes of chemical origin. Less vibrant and more delicate, since they are natural, these dyes develop a patina when worn and washed, giving a vintage effect. Your garment will evolve and will no longer look exactly like its initial appearance. One thing is certain: it will gain character and remain beautiful.
Some care tips for taking care of your naturally dyed garment:
- First, and this goes for all clothing, only wash it when absolutely necessary.
- It is recommended to wash your garment by hand for the first 2 to 3 washes. For the following, it is possible to machine wash it on a hand/delicate cycle and never at more than 30°.
- When washing in a machine, it is best not to put the dry garment in the drum but to soak it before starting the cycle.
- If your clothing is stained, avoid rubbing directly with soap and instead soak it entirely in water with detergent.
- Dry in the open air but protected from sunlight
- Avoid contact with substances containing bleach and citric acid.